ENTRY RULES & REGULATIONS
First Round – Tryout/elimination round: Tuesday – May 30, 2017 (5-8pm)
Second Round – Tryout/elimination round: Tuesday – June 6, 2017 (5-8pm)
Third Round – Tryout/elimination round: Tuesday – June 13, 2017 (5-8pm)
12 & Under Finals & 13-17 yr. old Finals: Friday, June 23rd on NIPSCO Bandstand during Festival
18 & Older Finals: Saturday, June 24th on NIPSCO Bandstand during Festival
- $1,800.00 in total cash awards!
- This year THREE AGE GROUPS! – 12 & Under, 13 thru 17, and 18 & Older
- This year TWO CATEGORIES! – Vocal & Non-Vocal
- Complete your Entry form (below) asap to choose your audition day and time!
- There NO ENTRY FEE, so what do you have to lose!
- Due to time constraints during the auditions, each participant will be limited to 10 minutes. (includes set up)
- Performances must be appropriate for all ages.
- Committee’s discretion to eliminate any entry. If you are eliminated you may not re-apply.
- Entries must provide their own props and music.
- A person cannot participate in more than one category.
- No Lip-Syncing is permitted.
- Judge’s ruling is final.
Stage presence & Professionalism - 25 pts.
Technical Ability - 25 pts.
Overall Performance/Difficulty - 20 pts.
Appearance/Costume - 15 pts.
Creativity - 15 pts.
- All acts will receive a maximum of 3 minutes for set-up prior to performance.
- All acts will have a 7 minute performance time limit.
- The finalists will be chosen from each age group and category to compete in the final round on Friday night June 23rd & June 24th.
- If a participant is under the age of 18, the entry form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Professional acts are not eligible to participate. Professional is defined as an individual or act that makes a living from performing.
- Any photos taken by the Monticello Spirit Festival Committee may be used for publicity for future events.
- Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Monticello Spirit Festival Committee.
- Applications will be reviewed by Spirit of Monticello Committee. The Committee has the right to refuse applications.